The Masters to less than 100 GRT course is an add-on to 3B’s OUPV (6-pack) or for prospective students that currently hold an OUPV (6-pack) license. After successfully completing this course, students can apply for a Masters 25, 50 or 100 GRT license. A USCG Masters License authorizes you to operate inspected passenger vessels with more than 6 passengers for hire. Depending on your experience, the US Coast Guard will issue qualified applicants a 25, 50 or 100 GRT license.
This course is 24 hours of classroom time spread out over three 8 hour days. A final exam of 50 multiple choice questions is given on the last day of class and requires a minimum of passing grade of 70%.
Students that successfully complete this course (100% Attendance and 70% on final exam), are issued a Certificate of Completion that must be presented to the US Coast Guard along with a completed application package for a Masters License.
This class begins on 07/23/2022 at:
1001 Beach Dr SW, Sunset Beach, NC and is scheduled for –
July 23 – 5:30pm-9:30pm
July 24 and 25 – 8:00am-6:00pm
Our Masters to less than 100 GRT Upgrade course consists of instruction on the following subjects:
• Cargo Handling
• Principles of Ship Construction
• Vessel Trim and Stability
• Load Lines
• Rules and Regulations for Inspected Vessels
• Instruments for Ship, Cargo and Passengers
• Shipment and Discharge, Manning
• Vessel Alteration and Repair
• Fire Fighting Equipment
• Fire Fighting Systems
• Organization of Fire Drills
• Lifesaving Appliance Regulations
• Lifesaving Appliance Operations
• Maneuvering for Launching Lifeboats
• Survival at Sea
• Ocean Currents