Call us Today 888 598 9598

frequently asked questions

How much sea time do I need to get my 6PAK?

You need 365 days of operating a vessel and 90 must have been in the last 3 years and you can sign for yourself if you can prove you own the vessel.

Suppose I have time using someone else’s boat or don’t know the numbers on my old vessel.?

Your state’s DNR will send you a list of all vessels that you have owned.

Can I use military time?

Yes, but it’s much easier to use recreational time.

How do I show my sea service?

There is a simple form (719) which can downloaded from our application page.

What other qualifications are required?

Physical, drug test, CPR/1st Aid card, Social Security card, TWIC card.

How do I get my forms?

Forms can be downloaded from our application page.

What is it going to cost?

CG fees are $100 for evaluation, $45 for license issuance and $100 for testing If you don’t attend an approved school PLUS your physical and drug test.

Do I have to go to CG REC?

No, as once you get the required TWIC (Transportation Workers Credential) credential, you can get oath at any notary and then mail application to REC. No need to go to REC. Download froms from our webpage This also applies to renewals!!!

How important a history of convictions?

Under no circumstances can you get away with any omissions on your application as all fingerprints are sent to the FBI. If there are any unreported violations it’s case of “lying on a federal form” and your license can be revoked or worse.

Does having a record keep me from getting a license?

Usually no, as it depends on the severity and age. Tell the truth, no fudging as you will get caught!

How do I go about the required drug test?

Almost any doctor can collect the sample, but only approved labs can analyze the sample and then only required drugs.